FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL DOG OWNERS
Generally, dog owners must be considerate towards all other Gardens users and pay full attention to where their dogs are and what they are doing at all times. And, owners should take note that the Gardens are established as a 'Pleasure Ground'. In that spirit, whilst responsible dog walking has always been encouraged as a social activity, the Gardens gardens are a shared space not a 'dog exercise park'.
- Carefully clean up after their dogs and dispose of dog bags using the facilities supplied throughout the Gardens.
- Ensure that there is an identification tag attached to a collar or harness and carry a lead.
- Use a torch when walking dogs on-lead in darkness so that they can properly clean-up after their pets.
Owners Must Not:
- Introduce dogs on their own to the Gardens.
- Walk more than two dogs at any one time.
- Let their dogs off-lead during the hours of darkness.
- Allow their dogs to roam on the Main Lawn in a way that causes inconvenience to other members, their children or guests.
- Allow, or encourage their dogs to run on the Gardens banks.
- Throw balls, or anything else, for the purpose of excercising their dogs anywhere in the Gardens.
Unruly dogs that may cause concern to members, their children or guests must be kept on a lead and if necessary muzzled at all times. This is the owner's responsibility but this condition may also be as directed by the Management Committee.
Members who repeatedly and / or wilfully ignore these Rules for Dog Owners will have their membership withdrawn.